Terms and Conditions
for Sicily by tour company Flavours of Italy Ltd.
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all bookings and will form the basis of your contract with “Flavours of Italy Ltd”.
1. All arrangements are made subject to the following terms and conditions. When you make a booking with ‘Flavours of Italy Ltd’ you undertake that you have the authority to accept and do accept these booking conditions on behalf of yourself and your party. A contract will exist upon our accepting any monies from you towards the booking, or upon the issue of our Confirmation/Invoice, whichever is the earlier.
2. A deposit of £599 per person is payable at the time of booking which will be non-refundable except in the event of the booking not being accepted by us for any reason, or if due to unforeseen circumstances we are unable to provide the course which you have booked. And deposit paid under a reduced deposit offer is still liable for the full amount of £599 even in the event of cancellation.
3. The balance of the holiday cost is payable in full ten weeks before departure. If the balance remains unpaid, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
4. It is a requirement that you must arrange adequate holiday insurance or independent traveller protection. Such insurance should cover full medical expenses, personal baggage, personal accident, accident, loss or damage to property, cancellation or curtailment, personal liability, legal expenses and emergency.
5. Cancellations – The following cancellation charges will be levied i) Up to 10 weeks prior to departure, full deposit and any additional costs (flights, private transfers etc), paid before that point will be withheld. ii) Within 10 weeks of departure 100% of the full holiday cost and any additional costs paid (flights, private transfers etc), will be withheld.
6. We shall not accept responsibility for any cancellations or effect on your holiday due to war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or any other causes beyond our control.
7. Transfers – Transfers included in the holiday costing are provided as a group transfer. Please ensure before booking flights that the relevant transfer can be met. We are more than happy to arrange a private transfer for you should you wish to arrange flights out with the group transfer times, however this will result in an additional surcharge which varies depending on location being payable by yourself. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify at any time and will always endeavour to provide a suitable alternative in the unlikely event of this occurring. Please note: Flavours holidays will not be liable for any private transfer cost which is a direct result of flight delays. Should a private transfer be required due to the group transfer being missed, this additional cost should be claimed against your holiday insurance or directly with the airline in question.
8. Flights are not included within the holiday cost, however our team are on hand to advise the best flights to fit in with our complimentary group transfers.
9. Existing flights booked by Flavours – We shall not be responsible for any delays or changes made to scheduled flights by the airline in question.
10. We shall not be responsible for luggage lost in transit while the responsibility of an airline. Where possible we will provide advice and assistance in seeking to retrieve any luggage so lost.
11. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify at any time the arrangements advertised where necessary. In the unlikely event of the accommodation advertised, proposed itinerary, or group holiday leader etc being unavailable, we will endeavour to provide a suitable alternative.
12. All reasonable and proper steps have been taken to ensure that the accommodation and services are as advertised. We will be responsible for any acts or omissions of our own employees and agents whilst acting within the scope of their employment but cannot be responsible for the acts or omissions of those providing services over which we have no direct control.
13. In the interests of safety and hygiene, you are advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear in the kitchen at all times.
14. We will not be responsible if you suffer illness, personal injury or death as a result of misadventure during the period of your overseas trip arising out of an activity that does not form part of the course provided by us.
15. All courses are subject to a minimum number of bookings and we therefore reserve the right to cancel and in this event we will return all monies which you have paid. In no case will your holiday be cancelled within four weeks of departure except in the event of circumstances out-with our control.
16. In the event of any problems arising during the course, you must report it immediately to our representative on the course and failing satisfactory resolution of the problem, you should file a written report within 28 days of your return. No liability will be accepted for any complaint not reported to our representative at the time and intimated within 28 days thereafter.
17. All travellers need valid passports. This means your passport shouldn’t be older than 10 years and should be valid for at least 3 months from the end date of your holiday. If you have applied for a new passport, give the Passport Office at least 10 weeks to process your application.
18. The contract, of which this forms part, shall be governed by the law of Scotland.
FLAVOURS OF ITALY LTD
Registered in Scotland number SC186163
1 Miller Row, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 3BQ